Mission & Beliefs
Integrated Rural Development through People Centered Environmentally Sustainable Action.
RUCHI's objectives have been shaped bearing in mind the hindering effects of economic backwardness, the restricted access of villages to development programs, growing social problems like alcoholism, exploitation, ill treatment and neglect of women and over exploitation of our natural resources.
- In people's power and their inherent capacity to grow and blossom even in adverse circumstances provided they are given a helping hand.
- In sharing its resources, goods, information, technology and services amongst the whole community.
- In empowerment of the people to demand services as a basic human right.
- In the immense strength residing in women, the nucleus of the family to function as a strong catalytic agent in any development activity.
- In participatory developmental functioning through participatory management.
- Economic change is very vital to social change.
- Optimal steady development through utilization of local resources to ensure economic self-reliance.
The major thrust areas of work as identified by RUCHI are:
Natural Resource Management;
Technology Promotion & Transfer;
Education and Empowerments;
Community Health Services;
Media and Documentation;
and Other Activities.
Catalysing Change is a wonderful resource containing a wealth of information about RUCHI, our areas of work, our projects, people, history and sustainable rural development.
If you are interested in reading more about RUCHI and our activities please take some time and download a copy here.
catalysing change html an html version is available here - for those on slower connections.